Dental veneers in Hyderabad are known for their excellence. By paying a visit to the dental hospital in Hyderabad a person can have them fixed by experts.
Dental veneers are made used as restoration tools to improve the appearance of the frontal teeth. Also referred to as porcelain veneers or dental porcelain laminates, they are wafer-thin tooth-colored shells custom-made to fit the frontal teeth. Bonding the shells to the front of the teeth does restore the color, shape, size, and length of the teeth. Dental veneers can be made from porcelain or even resin composite materials and therefore have alternative names.
Dental veneers in Hyderabad are popular fixtures prepared by experts.
DENTAL VENEERS PROS & CONS
Veneers are not permanently fixed to one’s teeth. They usually last for 5-10 years and require replacement. The best part about using dental veneers is that there is no need to follow any special routine. Good oral hygiene is sufficient enough to increase the longevity of dental veneers. Before deciding upon having dental veneers, it is good to know more about the pros and cons of using them. The dental hospital in Hyderabad fixes them expertly.
ADVANTAGES OF DENTAL VENEERS
There are several advantages of making use of dental veneers and some of them happen to be:
Dental veneers do help to hide imperfections and also do provide a natural appearance.
- Dental veneers do not harm a person’s gums. The gums can tolerate much of the external pressure created by the porcelain wall.
- Among the different sorts of dental veneers, porcelain veneers are rather considered the best as they are stain-resistant.
- Porcelain veneers are custom-made and therefore a person can select the color of the veneer. He or she can choose a shade that does make darker teeth appear white.
- Veneers have a long-lasting impact on the tooth’s color as well as shape. There is no need to undergo extensive pre-treatments as there happen to be no prior shaping requirements.
- Dental veneers do provide stronger, aesthetic alternatives to dental crowns.
Disadvantages of Dental Veneers
Using dental veneers also has several downsides. Let’s take a look at a few of them –
- Once making use of dental veneers, it is not possible to reverse the process.
- Veneers are rather expensive dental treatments and cost more than composite resin bonding.
- If by chance the veneers crack or chip, they cannot be repaired
- A person can experience teeth sensitivity after applying dental veneer as the enamel does get removed and the teeth become sensitive to hot as well as cold.
- Though veneers are custom-made, if by chance the color does not match with the other teeth, they cannot be altered. Thus, if a person plans to whiten one’s teeth, do it before getting the veneers.
- There have been cases where veneers do dislodge and fall off. But this happens rarely. Nevertheless, A person can minimize the risk by not biting one’s nails, chewing pencils, or ice, or putting excessive pressure on one’s teeth.
- Veneers do not help control decay. A person can experience decay even with veneers. If this does happen he or she will need to cover the tooth with a crown
- The veneer is not suggested for individuals with unhealthy teeth. If a person has decaying teeth or active gum disease, do not go for dental veneers. A veneer is also not suggested for weakened teeth (which can be due to fractures or large dental fillings). Also, if the person has an inadequate amount of existing enamel on the tooth surface, it is better to go in for veneer.
- Habits such as grinding the teeth, do harm the teeth, more so if the person has porcelain veneers. These can indeed cause the veneer to crack or chip.
The best advisor on dental veneers is the dentist. If considering a dental veneer, do not be hasty about it as it causes much more harm then help. Dental veneers are beneficial, but when fixed under supervision.